Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Wow! That's one big baby!"

I'm sure you've already realized I have a BIG baby. Strangers are always shocked when I tell them how old she is and I always get the same response "Pero, parece que tiene seis meses!" (That's Spanish for, that kid looks like she's six months old!) I actually LOVE that my child was born big. Fragile tiny infants just aren't my thing and I'm happy that when I received Nadia she was already a little sturdier than most newborns.

Nadia is now sporting 6-9 month old clothing. Today I had to move down to the next size of clothing in her drawers and pack away the outfits that no longer fit. The whole thing is bittersweet and I found myself getting very mushy looking at all the little clothes that seemed so big at the time and now I can not pull them enough so that they snap under her tushy! Nadia is growing and she's doing it really fast!

Tonight while I was bathing Nadia it occurred to me that I'm going to have to find a new way to bathe her very soon. Nadia is about to outgrow her infant bathtub (which is probably designed to hold a kid until 6 months). Check out Nadia in her bathtub at 2 weeks and check out what she looked like during her bath tonight. You see what I'm talking about?

(We had to draw a bikini bottom on that first picture so daddy would let us post it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nadia's Followers