Friday, March 13, 2009

We actually FEED her now!

Now that Nadia is 4 months old, she is officially old enough to EAT some food. I will admit that I did a bit of cheating before today and started having her practice with the spoon by feeding her baby oatmeal (we tried rice cereal on a spoon, but she HATED it). We've been "practicing" with the spoon for about a week now, and as you will see with the pictures- practice does pay off! Nadia's first compota was peas. We waited for daddy to stop by at his lunch break so he could be a part of the action. **Side note- daddy doesn't like messy, sticky stuff, and feeding a baby is a messy situation- so as you can imagine, he didn't like it so much. I on the other hand had a great time feeding Nadia her first real food (do you even call compota real food?)!** Believe it or not, she ate an entire 2 ounce container and made the BEST facial expressions while doing it. I know this may seem silly, but I've when waiting for this day for a long time. I couldn't wait to really "feed" Nadia!
Here she is sitting in her high chair like a big girl... Does she even realize what she's waiting for?
Here I am spooning it in... (and spooning it back in when it came right back out!)
Even though she made faces, she actually ate it all!
Proud daddy!

Nadia is all done!
Now tomorrow and the next day we will continue with peas, then we will move on to green beans and then we'll try some colored stuff. I'll let you know what her favorite veggie is once we try them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nadia's Followers