- Yesterday, Nadia started shaking her head NO (amazing the things a baby learn so early!)
- She knows what a camera is and will smile in the direction of the camera the second she spots it
- She will "put her hands up" when you say "put your hands up!"
- She crawls with her tummy on & off the floor and can put herself in the sitting position (sometimes) and take herself out (all the time).
- She tries to copy the motions to an Itsy Bitsy Spider when you sing it to her and do the motions too! She puts her little hands together and tries to do the motions for the spider going up the web and then she'll do the rain and sun!
- When you bounce her up and down and then stop- she'll start bouncing her own body so you'll keep it up!
- She knows about dogs and loves to squeal at them, follow them around with her eyes, and pull on their ears, tails, hair, etc
- Nadia blows KISSES!
- She says: ma-ma & pa-pa and also sounds like she's trying to repeat and imitate other words (to the best of her ability) after she hears someone else say them. Like, when you say "Hey Nadia!" She says "HEY!" or at least it sounds like it!
- She wants to try new foods and opens her mouth when she sees "adult people" eating so she can get a taste
- She loves loves loves to look at herself in the mirror (sound like anyone you know?)
- She loves loves loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Our cabin is named Bear Creek Lodge... That's a picture of it above.
We brought BOB along on our trip too... He's finally had the opportunity to do what he was meant to do- go off roading! If you look closely, you can see our tiny yorkie Mischa riding in BOB's basket!We've been doing a whole lot of eating in this house (and it's only Wednesday)! When we get back- I am going on a BIG MASSIVE INTENSE diet!
On Tuesday all the young people (except for Nadia) went to Six Flags. I was brave rode a total of ONE ride (I HATE roller-coasters).
At Six Flags, I bought Nadia this fabulous t-shirt!
Nadia also went on her very first boat ride. We rented a Pontoon Boat and cruised Carter's Lake. The boys jumped it the water and went for a swim. It was freeeezing!
Well, that's it for now... stay tuned for more updates from GEORGIA!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I've already started a countdown and I am dreading the day I have to wake up in the morning and be without her. My heart hurts so much just thinking about it, I can imagine it's going to really hurt when I have to actually do it.
I decided that I am going to do something fun each and every day I have left before I have to go "back." I want to know that I enjoyed every single moment of maternity leave to the very last second! So here we go...
Yesterday we went to the WATER PARK! Nadia loved splashing the water. This water park is great because it is shallow enough that babies can sit in it. I seriously plan to visit this place at least once a week from here until when I have to go "back."
Today we visited the MIAMI SEAQUARIUM (let me tell you, summer was not the best choice to visit that place!) Next time, we'll be visiting Flipper in the WINTER time! Regardless of the heat, we still had a great time. Nadia absolutely loved getting wet in the misters. Honestly, I think that was her favorite part of the entire day!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I'm going to try and give you a quick recap!
Somehow- I managed to read the entire Twilight series. This is a big deal for me because #1 I LOVE books and #2 I thought that after Nadia's birth, I'd never have a chance to read again!
Monday, May 11, 2009
I am the WORST BLOGGER TO EVER ENTER THE BLOG WORLD! You know it, I know it, why bother trying to act like it's okay? I don't know how people have time to do this? I'm not even back at work yet and I can't keep up! Whoah!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Looks like she's having the time of her life right? Well let me tell you a secret- I didn't let Laz push her, so she didn't actually "swing"! She was only allowed to sit in that thing for a picture! I mean really- she's a chunky kid, but doesn't it look like she could fit through one of those leg holes... maybe?
I'll make sure to take pictures the first time she actually swings in the swing and share those with you too!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
So Sunday came and it was pretty much a repeat event of Saturday. (Lucky me, huh?)
Monday came and I checked her mouth- no teeth.
Tuesday came and I checked her mouth- no teeth.
Wednesday came and I checked her mouth- no teeth.
Thursday came and I checked her mouth- no teeth.
Friday came and I checked her mouth- no teeth.
Today came and I checked her mouth- That's right! You guessed it! NO TEETH!
So what has all the fuss been about? I'm a new mom here and I'm CLUELESS! So I decided to ask some experienced people and I learned some very sad news... The pain can come MONTHS before the teeth do! This, is NOT so good and something I would have added to the things no one tells you list (No one tells you teething is a nightmare!)
So, from here until who knows when, checking for teeth will probably be my new obsession. I'll let you know when I find something in there.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Fast forward to early January 1, 2008. Mari and Laz arrive home from a New Year's Eve party feeling festive (and slightly tipsy, I'll admit). By this point we had been married for about 4 years and 2 months... (and those of you that know me very well, know I live my life to a very precise plan- sometimes without even REALIZING it.) Mari looks at Laz and says- "Let's get pregnant this year." Laz looks at Mari, shrugs his shoulders and says, "I guess." In my slightly foggy little mind, I pictured getting pregnant by the end of 2008, I never expected I'd be a MOTHER by then... So (skipping ahead a little bit) March 1, 2008, Mari discovers that she is indeed pregnant. Surprise, surprise (I was shocked and actually wondered- how did this happen?)! Laz's response- "Wow- that was fast..." It's like we knew what we were doing, but really didn't at the same time...
Anyhow- going back to the things no one tells you, (but I will). The entire world (it seems) had been asking me about a baby for the last 4 years and encouraging me to have one, asking what I was waiting for, telling me we were getting too OLD (yes, old). So, here I was, pregnant and prepared to share my news... And let me tell you- I was SHOCKED at the things that came out of their mouths. The same people who told me I needed this in my life said:
- "Are you sick yet?" (Sick? What do you mean sick? You told me pregnancy and babies are fabulous, why are you talking about feeling sick?)
- "Preparate!" (Get ready? Why are you talking to me now like this is a bad thing?)
- "Sleep all you can now." (No response to that one.)
- "Your life is over." (Are you trying to scare me?)
I decided at that point that misery must love company. These people should have mentioned these things BEFORE I got pregnant, but no, instead they were like- "Have a baby, be like us, it's really great!" and then, when I'm joining them, they hit me with the bad stuff! Hmmm...
So- getting to the point of my post. There are things that no one talks about when it comes to being a parent. It's like no one says these things out loud and I don't know why. I wish someone HAD told me. I would have been more prepared. Maybe if people talk about these things, then becoming a parent wouldn't be such a scary experience (who am I kidding, it would still be scary, you'd just be AWARE). I am going to be VERY honest now, so if you aren't a parent yet and you'd rather go into this blindly, then STOP reading. But if you want to know the truth- READ ON!
- Being a parent is NOT easy, at all, not even a little bit.
- Sleepless nights and interrupted sleep is the worst! It can make a person feel insane.
- You will never sleep well again. (Even when Nadia sleeps the entire night, I don't. I'm listening for her).
- When there is something wrong with your child, it will feel like someone is ripping your heart out of your chest.
- You will worry about EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING she/he does or DOESN'T do. You will wonder if it's normal.
- You will second guess yourself and think you are failing your baby ALL the time.
- You will cry (daddies too, although mommies a lot more).
- Your life will never be the same. (I always pictured myself as a woman who would just keep living my regular life with baby in tow, this doesn't work).
- You will miss out on things.
- Your life is no longer yours. You are no longer #1.
- You are the LIFE SUPPORT to this little person. You are the only thing keeping it alive. (HELLO- SCARY!)
- I could go on and on and on- but I will stop here, I think I've said enough...
I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I would not send her back. I love her with every single piece of my body. She is the most important thing in my life- but WOW- THIS IS THE HARDEST JOB OF MY LIFE and I just don't understand why no one talks about it. Maybe it's because I am the mommy of an infant and this is all very fresh in my mind? I don't know... Maybe in a few years I'll forget and decide to have baby #2. I guess only time will tell.
Oh- and going back to living my life to a PRECISE plan without even knowing... Nadia was born November 13 and Lazaro and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary 9 days later. How's that for sticking to the plan?
Friday, March 13, 2009
Even though she made faces, she actually ate it all!
- ▼ August (3)
- ► July (7)
- ► May (7)
- ► March (18)